The Network, in cooperation with the New Mexico Commission on the Status of Women, in 2007 embarked upon a new means to recognize the contributions of women in New Mexico. Each fall, the Annual New Mexico Network for Women in Science and Engineering IMPACT! Award is presented to a New Mexico woman for her extraordinary efforts in furthering the goals of the Network:
to encourage women to enter into and develop their careers in science, engineering, and allied professions.
The IMPACT! Award call is anticpated spring 2017, with nominations due in the mid-September timeframe and the winner announced roughly one month later and honored at the NMNWSE annual meeting in October. Updated information and forms will be posted here when available. In the meantime, 2016 forms may be used to submit 2017 nominations.
- News Release
- Postable Flyer (landscape version)
- Cover Letter
- Nomination Form (html version)
- Flyer, Cover letter, and Nomination Form as 5-page handout
- The honoree is recognized during the Network's Annual Meeting and Technical Symposium.
Congratulations to our 2016 winner Carol Linder, and all past winners!Past Winners, with links to the news releases summarizing their contributions.
We would also like to thank all who nominated someone and recognize all who were nominated. It makes one proud to learn of the many accomplishments and contributions of these outstanding New Mexico women.
- For the purposes of this award, science and engineering are defined to include mathematics and all engineering fields as well as the physical, biological, behavioral, medical, and social sciences, and related technical and non-traditional fields.
- Nominees do not need to be members of NMNWSE.
Nominations may be submitted by e-mail, regular mail, or FAX-ed.
- NMNWSE, PO Box 51926, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87181
- If you wish to FAX a nomination packet, contact the NMNWSE Board to get the current FAX number.
- The award will be presented at the NMNWSE Annual meeting dinner on a Saturday in late October - the exact date will be posted when available. Nominees and nominators will be notified as to the winner in plenty of time to schedule attending.
- If you have questions about the award nomination process or the status of a particular nomination, please contact the NMNWSE Impact! Award Co-Chairs Phyllis Baca (email@example.com, 505-490-1557) or Tinka Gammel, (firstname.lastname@example.org, 505-690-1318), or the NMNWSE Board.
- If you have questions about the Network or the purpose of the award, contact the NMNWSE Board.
- If you have trouble downloading the nomination form or accessing the links on this page, please contact the webmaster.
The NMNWSE Board also welcomes suggestions for NMNWSE members to nominate for awards of other organizations- please contact us at NMNWSE_Boardemail@example.com if you would like to make a suggestion.