Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established, thriving professional services firm in the Washington DC Metro area with a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to top decision makers across the Federal government. Our cadre of outstanding professionals conduct state of the art work and focus on delivering results that matter to national security.
SPA advises and assists the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) on the development, test and fielding of leading edge technologies to counter weapons of mass destruction (WMD). DTRA delivers these game-changing technologies to warfighters across all Combatant Commands (CCMDs) including the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM). SPA provides expertise to deter, deny or defeat chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and high-yield explosives (CBRNE) threats. SPA subject matter experts (SMEs) also advise on technologies designed to support threat understanding, detection, identification, and characterization; protection of military and civilian populations and consequence management.
This internship is primarily in office work with occasional telework allowed. Timeline for this job opportunity: We are currently accepting applications for this paid internship. We expect to be able to make an offer to our selected candidate as soon as possible.
We are seeking a smart, energetic, and dedicated individual who is actively pursuing a Masters or PhD degree in Engineering, Physics or another STEM field to work alongside an SPA mentor in support of DTRA Research & Development programs concerning Nuclear Technologies. The successful intern will be a quick learner and key contributor to analysis, projects, presentations and discussions. This internship is in Albuquerque, NM.
- Enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Engineering, Physics or another STEM field Articulate a willingness to learn program/organizational processes and procedures
- Demonstrate creative thinking and strong problem solving skills
- Possess strong leadership, communications, and organizational skills
- Offer the ability to delve into technical details and translate those into findings and recommendations.
- Be capable of quickly obtaining and maintaining an active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance
- Must be a US Citizen