Newspaper Articles and TV Spots:
- "Girls get exposed to science", Feb 4, 2014, Abuquerque Journal
- EYH 2011 featured on KOAT 7's Research Rocks (courtesy KOAT 7)
- EYH 2010 in the Abuquerque Journal
View photos of previous conferences:2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2003 | 2002
2014 EYH Feedback:
what excited the students:
- Being on a college campus and in an "actual college classroom"
- Being nervous at first but then being excited to go to the second session without help
- I learned, I learned, I learned
quotes from parents:
- "The Guest speaker was amazing"
- "My daughter wants me to signup every year for this program, she spoke about it Saturday night out of the blue."
- "My daughter loved her workshops, please keep us in mind for further workshops or activities. Thanks for a GREAT DAY!!!!"
- "Thank you for all the work that went into CEYH. My daughter, Hannah had a great time, was excited about her classes and even met several new friends. We enjoyed the talk with Sandra Finan and both labs were interesting and fun according to Hannah. She also loves the t-shirt and bags. Outstanding effort!"
Past EYH Quotes:
"Just wanted to pass on to you the glowing comments I received from my 12 year old daughter about CEYH 2011. She enjoyed the hands-on projects in each workshop and is excited about her future academically and professionally. (Of course, she didn't phrase it that way but the meaning is the same!)" - J
"I am so glad to find links to this great program after so many years. I give a lot of credit to this program for my success in the engineering field. I went through this program of course at UNM while in 7th grade at Polk Middle School. I decided then at the conference that I wanted to be an engineer. I graduated from UNM with a BSEE in Dec 1997 and I am thankful for this program. I have moved around the country and now reside in the Houston area. Please pat yourself on the back for contributing to such a successful program. Thank you. I hope to locate a similar program in the area so I can volunteer my time." - Tammy
"My daughters go every year and come back so jazzed up!" - Joe