The Network, in cooperation with the New Mexico Commission on the Status of Women, in 2007 embarked upon a new means to recognize the contributions of women in New Mexico. The IMPACT! Award strives to celebrate a New Mexico woman for her achievements and contributions in furthering the goals of the Network:
to encourage women to enter into and develop their careers in science, engineering, and allied professions.
IMPACT! Award Nominations
- Postable Flyer
- Flyer, Cover letter, and Nomination Form packet
- The honoree is recognized during the Network's Annual Meeting and Technical Symposium.
Casey DeRaad honored as IMPACT! Award winner
The New Mexico Network for Women in Science and Engineering is honored to announce Casey DeRaad as the 12th Annual NMNWSE 2018 IMPACT! Award Winner. Ms. DeRaad is an electrical engineer and serves as lead for education and community outreach activities with the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) in Albuquerque.
Having successfully expanded services through the Phillips Scholars program, for STEM-focused intern students with AFRL, and Starbase La Luz Academy, providing educational support and outreach for students across NM, Casey applies her engineering training and tireless enthusiasm to expand programs, policies and practices, and increase networks to broaden the participation of all students, targeting under-represented groups, in STEM.
See the NMNWSE Impact award page.
Congratulations to Casey DeRaad and all past winners of the IMPACT Award!Past Winners, with links to the news releases summarizing their contributions.
We would also like to thank all who nominated someone and recognize all who were nominated. It makes one proud to learn of the many accomplishments and contributions of these outstanding New Mexico women.
- For the purposes of this award, science and engineering are defined to include mathematics and all engineering fields as well as the physical, biological, behavioral, medical, and social sciences, and related technical and non-traditional fields.
- Nominees do not need to be members of NMNWSE.
Nominations may be submitted by e-mail, regular mail, or FAX-ed.
- NMNWSE, PO Box 51926, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87181
- If you wish to FAX a nomination packet, contact the NMNWSE Board to get the current FAX number.
- The award will be presented at the NMNWSE Annual meeting dinner on a Saturday in late October. Nominees and nominators will be notified as to the winner in plenty of time to schedule attending.
- If you have questions about the award nomination process or the status of a particular nomination, please contact the NMNWSE Impact! Award Co-Chairs Phyllis Baca (firstname.lastname@example.org, 505-490-1557) or Tinka Gammel, (email@example.com, 505-690-1318), or the NMNWSE Board.
- If you have questions about the Network or the purpose of the award, contact the NMNWSE Board.
- If you have trouble downloading the nomination form or accessing the links on this page, please contact the webmaster.
The NMNWSE Board also welcomes suggestions for NMNWSE members to nominate for awards of other organizations- please contact us at NMNWSE_Boardfirstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to make a suggestion.