The Network, in cooperation with the New Mexico Commission on the Status of Women, in 2007 embarked upon a new means to recognize the contributions of women in New Mexico. The IMPACT! Award strives to celebrate a New Mexico woman for her achievements and contributions in furthering the goals of the Network:
to encourage women to enter into and develop their careers in science, engineering, and allied professions.
Merecedes Agogino is the winner of the 2017 IMPACT! Award
It is with great pride and pleasure that the New Mexico Network for Women in Science and Engineering is presenting a 2017 IMPACT! Award to Dr. Mercedes Agogino. She truly merits this award for her extraordinary career and efforts in furthering the Network’s goals of encouraging women to enter into science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and allied professions (STEM-AP). Her lifelong passion and desire to increase the role of women in these fields through support of students in middle school through college is awe-inspiring and deserves to be celebrated.
Please join us for the IMPACT! Award celebration!
- Saturday, June 17, 2017
- Artichoke Café at 424 Central SE, Albuquerque
- 5:30 cocktail/social time, followed by dinner and award presentation at 6:30 pm
- Cost is $40 per person
- RSVP to Jeanne Banks at Jeanne.Banks@comcast.net or 505-239-2403
Mercedes has been a trailblazer for women, for STEM-AP, and for all underrepresented groups in New Mexico! As a long-time member of the Network, she has participated in many of our efforts over the years. She served as our State Science Fair Awards coordinator for many years. Mercedes enabled us to reward and encourage well over 200 students during this time at both the middle school and high school levels. We are very excited to hold this event in her honor and share her remarkable life and career.
If you can attend, please RSVP to Jeanne Banks at Jeanne.Banks [at] comcast.net or 505-239-2403 by June 14. If you are unable to attend but would like to send a card or congratulatory message to Mercedes, you may either use the email above or mail in care of Jeanne Banks, 14 Leah Lane, Placitas, NM 87043.
- Postable Flyer
- Cover Letter
- Nomination Form
- Flyer, Cover letter, and Nomination Form as 5-page handout
Congratulations to our 2017 winner Mercedes Agogino, and all past winners!Past Winners, with links to the news releases summarizing their contributions.
We would also like to thank all who nominated someone and recognize all who were nominated. It makes one proud to learn of the many accomplishments and contributions of these outstanding New Mexico women.
- For the purposes of this award, science and engineering are defined to include mathematics and all engineering fields as well as the physical, biological, behavioral, medical, and social sciences, and related technical and non-traditional fields.
- Nominees do not need to be members of NMNWSE.
Nominations may be submitted by e-mail, regular mail, or FAX-ed.
- NMNWSE, PO Box 51926, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87181
- If you wish to FAX a nomination packet, contact the NMNWSE Board to get the current FAX number.
- The award will be presented at the NMNWSE Annual meeting dinner on a Saturday in late October. Nominees and nominators will be notified as to the winner in plenty of time to schedule attending.
- If you have questions about the award nomination process or the status of a particular nomination, please contact the NMNWSE Impact! Award Co-Chairs Phyllis Baca (email@example.com, 505-490-1557) or Tinka Gammel, (firstname.lastname@example.org, 505-690-1318), or the NMNWSE Board.
- If you have questions about the Network or the purpose of the award, contact the NMNWSE Board.
- If you have trouble downloading the nomination form or accessing the links on this page, please contact the webmaster.
The NMNWSE Board also welcomes suggestions for NMNWSE members to nominate for awards of other organizations- please contact us at NMNWSE_Boardemail@example.com if you would like to make a suggestion.